Open Emu is a free software application from the Other subcategory, part of the Development category.
The app is currently available in English and it was last updated on 2010-03-21. The program can be installed on OS X.
OpenEmu is an open source project to bring game emulation to OS X as a first class citizen, leveraging modern OS X technologies such as Cocoa, Core Animation and Quartz, and 3rd party libraries like Sparkle for auto-updating. OpenEmu is based on a modular architecture, allowing for game-engine plugins, this means OpenEmu can support a host of different emulation engines and back-ends while retaining a familiar OS X native front-end.
Currently OpenEmu can load the following game engines as plugins:
- Atari 2600 (Stella)
- Atari 5200 (Atari800)
- Atari 7800 (ProSystem)
- Atari Lynx (Mednafen)
- ColecoVision (CrabEmu)
- Famicom Disk System (Nestopia)
- Game Boy / Game Boy Color (Gambatte)
- Game Boy Advance (VBA-M)
- Game Gear (CrabEmu, TwoMbit)
- Intellivision (Bliss)
- NeoGeo Pocket (NeoPop)
- Nintendo (NES) / Famicom (FCEUX, Nestopia)
- Nintendo DS (DeSmuME)
- Nintendo 64 (Mupen64Plus)
- Odyssey²/Videopac+ (O2EM)
- PC-FX (Mednafen)
- SG-1000 (CrabEmu)
- Sega 32X (picodrive)
- Sega CD / Mega CD (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Genesis / Mega Drive (Genesis Plus)
- Sega Master System (CrabEmu, TwoMbit)
- Sony PlayStation (Mednafen)
- Sony PSP (PPSSPP)
- Super Nintendo (SNES) (Higan, Snes9x)
- TurboGrafx-16/PC Engine (Mednafen)
- TurboGrafx-CD/PCE-CD (Mednafen)
- Virtual Boy (Mednafen)
- Vectrex (VecXGL)
- WonderSwan (Mednafen)
- OS X 10.11 El Capitan
Open Emu (version ) is available for download from our website.
Just click the green Download button above to start. Until now the program was downloaded 8379 times.
We already checked that the download link to be safe, however for your own protection we recommend that you scan the downloaded software with your antivirus.